Getting to the Conference Venue
By Public Transportation
Munich has an excellent public transportation system that consists of trains, trams, and buses. Most locations within the inner city can be conveniently reached within less than 30 minutes.
- The underground station "Universität" is located directly next to the conference venue at LMU Munich and is frequented by underground lines U3 and U6.
- Tickets can be bought at automatic vending machines at underground and train stations or inside buses and trams.
- One-way-tickets ("Einzelfahrkarte: 1 Zone") for single trips inside the city cost 2,70 € and tickets to and from the airport cost 12,00 € ("Airport-City-Day-Ticket"; valid for unlimited trips within the city for one day).
- For specific information on public transportation schedules, please check at Munich's public transportation company MVV or on Google Maps.
From Munich Airport
By public transportation (cost: 12.00 €): The journey to the conference venue takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Two S-Bahn train lines, S1 and S8, depart to the city centre every 10 minutes.
- S8 (to Herrsching) is the quicker of the two services.
- Exit the train at "Marienplatz" (= city centre).
- Go downstairs (moving staircase) and change to underground line U3 towards "Olympia-Einkaufszentrum" or U6 towards "Garching-Forschungszentrum".
- Exit the train after two stops at "Universität".
By taxi: We do not advise the use of taxis as they are expensive (costs: 50-60 €) and the journey takes approximately the same as with public transportation (about 45 minutes).
By hotel shuttles: Please consult this page with information on which hotels offer a shuttle service from the airport.
From Munich Central Station
By public transportation (cost: 2.70 €): The journey to the conference venue takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Please take the underground line U5 towards "Neuperlach Süd" or U4 towards "Arabellapark" and change at "Odeonsplatz" to U3 towards "Olympia-Einkaufszentrum" or U6 towards "Garching-Forschungszentrum".
- Exit the train after one stop at "Universität".
By taxi (cost: 12-15 €): The journey to the conference venue takes approximately 10 minutes.
From Memmingen Airport
There are multiple daily shuttle buses connecting Memmingen airport with Munich. One-way tickets cost 15 € - 20 € and can be booked online. For more information on prices and schedules, please visit here. Please take into account that the bus ride from Memmingen Airport to Munich takes approximately 1:25 h. The buses arrive and leave from Munich Central Station.
Here you can find more information on bus and train connections to Munich from Memmingen Airport.
The motorway ring around Munich (A99) connects motorways arriving from various directions to the city. In addition, Munich has two inner ring roads: "Mittlerer Ring" and "Altstadtring". The conference venue at LMU Munich's main campus is located in the city centre, on Ludwigstraße / Leopoldstraße, which can be reached from both inner ring roads. If you plan to arrive by car, you should account for heavy traffic at peak times (8:00 - 10:00 a.m., 4:30 - 7:00 p.m.) and a shortage of parking space.
You can order a taxi in Munich by calling +49 - 89 - 21610 or online here. The cost of a taxi fare in Munich can be estimated here. Uber is also currently available in Munich, but please note that this might change due to several ongoing lawsuits in Germany.